General information about Modern-Reh
The Upper Silesian Neurorehabilitation and locomotor Dysfunction Center “Modern-Reh” was founded by Marcin Szyc, an entrepreneur who had been involved in an accident which made him realize that modern and professional rehabilitation is essential to a full recovery - both physical and mental . Our facility is dedicated to help those suffering from all sorts of musculoskeletal system dysfunctions.
We help patients suffering from serious injuries (including amongst other spinal cord and brain injuries) stroke, posture problems we also provide treatments for athletes who wish to increase their functional capabilities and for pregnant woman suffering from back pain and swelling interfering with the natural process of child-bearing.
Our medical staff consists of specialists from such areas of specialization as orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery, urology, dermatology and a psychotherapist. Patients can also obtain advice from a sex therapist and dietician.
The therapeutic treatments are administered by highly qualified professionals who have the necessary skills and qualifications concerning the latest methods of diagnostics, targeted therapy as well as in monitoring of selected treatments. Their level of experience and specialized knowledge combined with treatment rooms outfitted with the latest diagnostic and rehabilitation equipment, allowing for a precise diagnosis of patients suffering from dysfunctions and identifying their causes allows us to provide the best and most effective treatments.
Our modern and conveniently located building is located within the town limits of Myslowice – Wesola and Katowice, the Murcki and Giszowice districts. It is also worth mentioning that our facility is situated in close proximity to forest areas and includes ease of access and own parking.
High tech equipment
We are well aware of the fact that the effectiveness of rehabilitation is the responsibility of our highly qualified specialists, however we are also aware of the importance in having the proper equipment to offer patients both safe and effective rehabilitation. We offer the latest rehabilitation treatment techniques and provide both the patient and our medical staff with fully outfitted treatment room, which contain all the necessary equipment required to perform kinesiotherapy and physical therapy as well as:
- wireless intramuscular and surface EMG – allowing for the assessment of abnormal muscle activity. The device allows for real time diagnosis and therapy of daily task. It is used for neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation as well as for sports training.
- Sigma balance platform – used to help patients with impaired depth and balance.
- FDM-S- dynomographic platform - a device used for gait analysis in all stages of stance while being able to take account load distribution to the feet. The device is able to show the variability of load distribution to the heel, instep and toes during static and dynamic measurements. A computer analysis allows for the precise interpretation of foot contact with the ground while at the same time indicating any irregularities which are represented graphically in the form of images and graphs for comparison.
- Biodex Biosway stabilographic platform – used to diagnose balance and proprioception disorders (deep sensibility), its functions and exercise variants are used during therapy to improve the above mentioned functions. The device is recommended for those with orthopedic dysfunctions of lower limb joints. The device works by identifying the load size and allowing one to practice the stabilization of different joints. The device is also useful during the rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders such as: stroke, brain tumors, SM, spinal cord injuries as well as sports rehabilitation.
- Lafayett muscle strength tester – allows for a quick and accurate measurement of maximum muscle strength and the amount of time it takes to achieve the highest value of muscle force.
- Medimouse – a Swiss manufactured device which allows us to perform non-invasive measurement curves and range of motion across two spinal planes : frontal and sagittal. The results are then recorded in a data chart and in graphical form on a computer.
Amenities for patients
In order to uphold high standards of comfort and safety for those who come to use for treatment we have set up a number of amenities. We provide amongst other:
- Modern interiors – specially designed interiors allow each patient the freedom of movement;
- e-rehabilitation – the first consultation with our specialist can take place without the need for having to visit our facility. This is an ideal service for those patients with mobility disabilities, it is both convenient and safe;
- accommodations – patients from outside the Silesian area are offered accommodations in a specially designed and adapted bungalow located just 1km away from the Rehabilitation center. We have 3 two person rooms located on the ground floor level with own separate toilette, tv and internet access. The interior features a kitchenette. Also available at our patients disposal is an electric gate, parking and ramp;
- transportation of disabled persons;
- parking – patients can park in our designated parking areas;
- international patient service – international patients may easily communicate with our therapists in English.