General information about Medifem
Medifem clinic has been founded in response to the need of many women. It was established in 1992 as gynaecological and surgical practice, but over time the extent of treatments performed has increased considerably. Now it offers patients a full range of cosmetic gynecology treatments. Dr Andrzej Barwijuk is the founder of the clinic. He is a great medical expert with more than 25-year professional experience. Mediferm is the first cosmetic gynecology clinic where you will find assistance and solution to any encountered problem. We reshape congenital anatomical malformations by performing plastic operations of labia (labiaplasty). We remove the unpleasant effects of multiple labours by performing perineoplasty and vaginoplasty. Our doctors carry out treatments to improve the quality of sexual life of our lady patients. We also deal with diagnosis and motor organs injuries treatment, endocrynology and aesthetic dermatology.
We invite you to visit our internal medicine office, use high-tech diagnostic equipment (including an ultrasound 3D/ 4D system ) and specialist gynecological care. Couples striving with infertility can count on our assistance and we also provide prenatal care. The clinic treats patients with urinary incontinence, polycystic ovaries (PCO) and endometriosis. Medifem is aware of the fact that discreetness and sense of security are crucial issues for our patients. Medifem makes our patients feel untroubled - we provide you with a comfortable stay, homely atmosphere, full medical professionalism, and cordial doctor and nursing care.
Equipment and modern apparatus
Medifem Clinic not only carries out innovative cosmetic gynecology treatments, but it is also equipped with modern diagnostic equipment. With the use of high-tech apparatus we can provide the best opportunity to watch movements of your unborn child. The following apparatus are among medical equipment which we use during diagnosis and treatment:
- 3D/ 4D ultrasound system - is an advanced diagnostic ultrasound device to deliver three-dimensional images of examined structures. 3D ultrasound with time function, i.e. the so-called four dimensional ultrasound (4D), used for foetal examinations as it enables the patient to see child's movements and facial expressions.
- The CTG - the clinic also uses cardiotocography system to monitor foetal heart rate and uterine activity. CTG is administered in prenatal care and during labor - this allows for early detection of life-threatening situations for the foetus and pregnant woman.
- The IPL (IPL - Intense Pulse Light, pulsed light source) acts like a laser. It emits intense pulsing light rays of different lengths and dispersion to reach various skin layers and work comprehensively. IPL technology is used to remove excessive hair or varicose veins. It is used as well for the treatment of acne.
- Insufflation tubing with video camera - modern medical equipment used in laparoscopic surgery procedures. The video camera allows to get close-ups of operated organs, and the course of the surgery is presented on the monitor screen. The system not only makes it easier for the surgeon to perform the procedure, but also significantly reduces invasiveness and thus painfulness of the treatment. The convalescence period is also reduced.
For the safety and convenience of patients
Medifem attaches great importance to ensuring that our patients experience comfortable conditions of treatment. We want your stay with us to be enjoyable and pleasurous.
- A modern building - Medifem is located in an elegant two-storey building with a lift, designed for the comfort of our guests. The clinic's priority is to provide comprehensive treatment to patients in one place. The facility has a dermatological and surgical office, two gynecological surgeries, lab collection as well as ob/gyn office. There are two patient treatment rooms, an operating room, sterilization room, nurse’s office and doctors' staff room.
- Professional operating room - the room in which we perform surgical operations. It is equipped in surgery lamps, operating table and an anaesthesia system as well as a modern laparoscopic unit.
- Stylish Lounge - before treatment our patients can relax in a spacious lounge. Warm, pastel color walls and wide, comfortable bench lounge create a cozy atmosphere despite the large area of the waiting room.
- Air Conditioning with Hepa filters - the center is fully air-conditioned. There are high-performance air filters on the site, to eliminate dust particles, remove bacteria, pollen and mold spores. HEPA filter removes up to 99.97% of impurities and germs from the air, and patients suffering from allergies will not only feel free, but also safe at our clinic.
- Rooms for patients - the clinic has five double rooms for patients with complete toilet and bathing facilities as well as TV/DVD. Our patients are provided with high standard accommodation and an intimate atmosphere.
Achievements and certificates of Medifem
Our most significant achievement is the fact that we are the pioneers in aesthetic gynecology in Poland. Medifem Clinic began to perform cosmetic gynecology treatments as the first facility on the Polish medical market. We take pride to be the only clinic in Poland to have certificates and the membership of the International Cosmetic Gynecology Society .
The skills and experience of the clinic’s chief manager dr Barwijuk have been recognized by the renowned medical authorities. The specialist is a member of international medical societies, among them: American Cosmetic Gynecology Society (FACOG,ISC), American Institute of Plastic and Reconstructive Gynecology and Foundation of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (FAAGL). The doctor also belongs to the Polish Gynecological Society (PTG) and Polish Video Surgical Society (PTW).