General information about Laguna Medical
Laguna Medical – Pomeranian Health Centre is a modern clinic that has been functioning on the medical services market for over a decade. Our aim is to provide Patients with the highest level of service, which we achieve thanks to a skilled experienced staff and the latest medical equipment. We systematically expand our offer, making Patient comfort and satisfaction our priority. Our specialisation is ophthalmology, and we offer a wide range of diagnostic tests and treatments carried out using the latest techniques. We treat cataracts and glaucoma. We do laser vision correction, vitreoretinal procedures, and keratoconus cross-linking procedure. We also carry out procedures in aesthetic dermatology (cryotherapy and electrocoagulation of skin lesions, treatment of excessive sweating, and wrinkle reduction), orthopaedics (carpal tunnel decompression, diagnostic and therapeutic arthroscopy of the knee, various methods of hallux valgus correction), as well as surgery and proctology, including surgical hernia repair, treatment of haemorrhoids and lower limb varicose veins. We offer comprehensive medical care including consultation, diagnosis, surgical treatment, hospitalization and postoperative care.
Keeping in mind our Patients' safety, we use only the most leading-edge equipment of the highest class from renowned manufacturers. We use proven technologies, and our centre has the latest diagnostic and surgical equipment, including: IOL Master optical biometer, Zeiss GDx, phacoemulsificator used in cataract surgery, and Zeiss VisanteOmni OCT instrument used to assess the cornea and anterior segment of the eye.
In addition to the high-end specialist equipment, we attach great importance to the skills of the doctors working in our clinic. The Laguna Medical staff consists of specialists with extensive knowledge and many years of experience, who regularly participate in numerous courses, trainings and symposia organized in Poland and abroad. They are members in numerous prestigious Polish and international scientific associations, such as the Polish Ophthalmological Society, the Polish Dermatological Society, the Polish Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, the European Vitreoretinal Society, the European Society of Retinal Specialists, and the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Facilities and high-tech equipment
We are fully aware of the fact that effective medical treatment can only be carried out using high quality equipment. Therefore, our centre is equipped with the latest, proven and safe medical devices from the world's leading manufacturers. Laguna Medical's equipment includes, among others:
- Zeiss VisanteOmni OCT instrument – a modern highly specialised apparatus for assessing the cornea and anterior segment of the eye. This innovative camera combines Atlas Corneal topographer and Visante anterior segment OCT enabling analysis of corneal topography and OCT image. Used in the diagnosis of corneal dystrophy and congenital syndromes, in cataract surgery, vision correction, and for diagnosing and monitoring glaucoma treatment.
- CT scanner – a device used for optical coherence tomography (OCT). It obtains accurate cross-sections of the retina, which facilitates assessment of the retina structure, the thickness of the nerve fibres, condition of the blood vessels and optic nerve. It is particularly important in the diagnosis of all retinal diseases (age-related macular degeneration, macular holes, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma), and in the observation of the effects of retinal disease treatment and changes in the retina through the course of the disease.
- IOL Master optical biometer – a device used for precisely calculating the optical power of an intraocular lens implanted during cataract surgery. It also has applications in monitoring the progress of myopia for refractive surgery purposes; it's also used in the prophylaxis of glaucoma. All measurements are made touch-free and completely painless. This is the first device in the world that measures all the necessary parameters completely touch-free to determine the power of the lens implanted during cataract surgery.
- GDx – a camera used for imaging the fundus through undilated pupils. It is a modern diagnostic instrument used for the early detection of glaucoma, to monitor the course of the progress of the disease, and to monitor treatment. With the help of polarizing technology, the device analyses the thickness of the retinal nerve fibre layer.
- Specular microscope – an instrument used to evaluate a single layer of corneal endothelial cells, which is very important for normal cornea functioning. It assesses the number and morphology of endothelial cells as well as corneal thickness (pachymetry). The exam is touch-free, painless and completely safe for the patient. Examinations with the specular microscope are used primarily before refractive and cataract surgery with lens implantation, as well as in the case of secondary lens implantation (e.g., after trauma or injury or after congenital cataract surgery).
- Automated Perimeter – a leading-edge high-end device used for computerized visual field testing. This test is of particular importance in patients suffering from glaucoma, drivers, and people with neurological disorders such as stroke or brain tumour.
- Coagulation laser – a modern laser used to treat glaucoma with trabeculoplasty, which opens the angle and improves the flow of fluid out of the eye. The treatment is primarily used for simple, pigmentary, or pseudoexfoliative glaucoma.
- YAG laser – used in selective trabeculoplasty laser surgery (laser treatment of glaucoma). It affects the cells of the trabeculum, but does not cause them to coagulate.
- Phacoemulsificator – a modern high-end device used for breaking down cloudy lenses during cataract surgery. Break down of the damaged lens enables its removal through a small incision in the cornea. Introduction of the phacoemulsificator onto the market has revolutionized the treatment of cataracts.
- WaveLight Allegretto Excimer Laser – a modern 200 Hz high-end laser used in LASIK, femto-LASIK, EBK and EPI-LASIK laser vision correction. It enables modelling the corneal surface or interior in such a way that light is focused correctly on the retina, which eliminates problems such as myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
For the safety and comfort of our patients
We strive to make each visit to our centre comfortable for our patients with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Patients can take advantage of the following features:
- Modern building – our facility is located in a renovated modernist building in the centre of Gdynia, where with the total area of over 1000 m² are spacious comfortably furnished and equipped medical offices and treatment rooms, dispensary and hospital with a fully-equipped operating theatre. The building is equipped with lifts and ramps.
- A full range of laboratory tests – in 2012, through a partnership with the University Clinical Centre, we established a local laboratory collection point. As a result, in addition to a wide range of treatments, our patients can also take advantage of a full range of laboratory tests.
- Treatment funded by NFZ (National Health Services) – we offer a wide range of medical procedures performed under contract with the National Health Services.
- For foreign patients – to facilitate communication with patients from abroad, our staff speaks English.
Laguna Medical's achievements and certificates
Our undoubted achievement is the constantly growing number of satisfied patients who recommend our services to family and friends. We gain their trust by providing the highest quality of services by experienced specialists using the latest high-end medical devices. We are one of the fastest growing medical clinics in Pomerania. From the beginning, we have been regularly expanding our offer and introducing new treatments. Our doctors were the first in Pomerania to perform Epi-Bowman Keratectomy (EBK) laser vision correction. We are the only clinic in the Tri-City area that can offer alternative therapies to Patients not eligible for laser vision correction (intraocular lens implants in Patients with presbyopia and keratoconus cross-linking procedure). We also systematically invest in the latest equipment: as the only clinic in northern Poland, we have the highly-integrated device for accurate assessment of the cornea and anterior segment OCT, Zeiss VisanteOmni OCT instrument.