General information about CDT MEDICUS
CDT MEDICUS is a leading edge, highly specialized facility that offers patients a range of treatments in various fields of medicine. We are one of a few private hospitals in Dolnośląskie province with such a multitude of equipment at our disposal. We have several wards where we perform procedures using innovative equipment and devices, such as the morcelator and VariLite laser. Our hospital is three storeys. It has an operating block with two procedure rooms with laminar-flow air conditioning, as well as 14 comfortable patient rooms. The operating block is equipped with high-tech laparoscopic equipment for abdominal, pelvic, knee and shoulder joints, and nose procedures. The hospital with the Diagnostic Centre has treatment and diagnostic laboratories. We have a bodypletysmography and ergospirometry lab; X-ray, Computed Tomography (CT), and Magnetic Resonance (NMRI) laboratories; as well as our own histopathology and cytology laboratory.
In our Surgical Ward, we treat conditions such as lower limb varicose veins and haemorrhoids (piles). We help patients with fibroepithelial polyps (anal tags), hernias, cholelithiasis (gallstones), and large skin lesions.
The specialists at the Department of Gynaecology perform diagnostic and surgical laparoscopy to treat infertility, chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPP), and endometriosis. They perform it even in women with myomas and appendage cysts. Patients can undergo hysterosalpingography, as well as diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy. We treat stress urinary incontinence using various methods. We also diagnose and treat diseases of the vulva and uterine cervix. We perform minimally invasive myomectomy and hysterectomy using the innovative morcelator. As part of cosmetic gynaecology treatment, we perform vaginoplasty, scar removal, and labiaplasty.
At the Department of Otolaryngology (ENT), we help patients with diseases of the mouth and throat, and those struggling with snoring and sleep apnoea. We carry out surgical treatment of these diseases, and we treat diseases of the ear, nose, paranasal sinuses, lacrimal ducts, larynx, and neck. We also perform procedures to correct aesthetic defects of the face. We offer patients minimally invasive and endoscopic surgical procedures, including functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) and tonsillectomy.
We also have the Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, where we perform arthroscopy of the knee, ankle, and shoulder joint (with reconstruction). We surgically treat hallux valgus (bunion), carpal tunnel syndrome, and Achilles tendon. We also surgically remove osteocartilaginous exostosis and nodules on extremities. We perform snapping hip and clicking finger surgeries.
The Department of Minimally Invasive Phlebology specializes in laser varicose vein treatments (EVLT).
Other departments include: the Department of Allergy, Geriatrics, and Internal Medicine and the Department of Gastroenterology, where we carry out endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal tract diseases, including under general anaesthesia. We perform colonoscopies and gastroscopies.
We can offer our patients comprehensive rehabilitation after orthopaedic procedures. We individually tailor treatment for people with neurological and rheumatologic problems, as well as for patients after injuries, with faulty posture, and overweight. We have a wide range of exercise classes with experienced trainers. We also have specially trained personnel who perform aesthetic medicine, cosmetology, and aesthetic dermatology treatments.
Facilities and high-tech equipment
We are proud not only of our numerous medical staff, but the furnishing of our offices and operating rooms. Gradually, we acquire more medical devices to be able to perform procedures more quickly and efficiently. The medical equipment we use includes:
- Laparoscope from STRYKER with instrumentation for procedures on the abdomen, joints, and sinus endoscopy.
- Morcelator – a device that enables our surgeons to perform laparoscopic surgery much more effectively. During procedures, surgeons can excise and remove large lesions in the abdominal cavity or even whole organs without additional incisions.
- ELVeS Radial 1470 nm Laser + radial fibre for endovenous laser treatment EVLT.
- Ceralas E diode laser – laser for laryngological procedures.
- CELON – device to treat snoring using radiosurgery.
- VariLite diode laser – a laser system from the American company Iridex, used by our doctors to non-surgically close blood vessels. Due to its multi-functionality, it can be used for the treatment of vasogenic, vascular, pigmented, and skin lesions, as well as in the treatment of non-acute inflammatory acne.
- Magnetom C MRI scanner – innovative technology from Siemens, used for diagnostic imaging. It is considered patient-friendly due to its open design (a spacious bed instead of a closed tunnel). The scanner's low magnetic field allows for a companion to be present in the MRI room with the patient, which is of particular importance for conducting MRIs in children.
- BodyBox 5500 bodypletysmograph – high-tech medical equipment which allows to precisely assess lung capacity. Bodypletysmography is used to analyse the amount of air contained in the lungs and its flow resistance.
- ErgoCard device – used for ergospirometry, or cardiopulmonary exercise testing, to comprehensively assess the body's response to exercise, including the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, skeletal muscle, and metabolism.
- Gastroscope – medical instrument used for gastroscopy. Doctors use it to assess the upper gastrointestinal tract, i.e. the oesophagus, stomach, and duodenum.
- Colonoscope –a device used for colonoscopy, which is an endoscopic examination designed for viewing the lower gastrointestinal tract (including the large intestine).
For the safety and comfort of our patients
We put forth every effort for our patients to feel completely comfortable in our clinic. To ensure that patients feel safe and comfortable, we have prepared several amenities:
- State-of-the-art facility – all consultations and treatments are carried out in a large well-equipped building, using high-tech medical devices. The tastefully decorated spacious interiors include modern consultation and diagnostic offices, and procedure rooms, which are located on the top storey of the building.
- Comfortable waiting room – we ensured comfort of the interiors so that patients waiting for treatment or consultations can fully relax and unwind. Our waiting room is spacious, but cosy, decorated with warm colours. The walls are decorated with the eye-catching artwork of a graduate of The Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroclaw. There is also a large amount of plants in the interiors. Patients can sit on the comfortable leather couches reading magazines specifically prepared for this purpose.
- Patient rooms – we have fourteen comfortably furnished rooms where patients rest after procedures. Every room is a different colour, has a TV (37"), and Internet connection. All rooms have their own private bathrooms, where you will find hand and hair dryers, extra lighting, and handles for people with disabilities.
CDT MEDICUS's achievements and certificates
CDT Medicus attracts patients with its many strengths. Modern furnishings and equipment, a medical team composed of professionals who are experts in their fields, as well as an extremely diverse range of treatments together form a very attractive whole. We are proud of our good reputation and the trust that our patients place in us. We strive to earn it every day, gradually acquiring more high-tech medical equipment and continuously learning by participating in trainings and courses. We follow strict quality standards; as a result, the European Certification Centre awarded us the Certificate of Compliance with the ISO 9001:2009 Quality Management System. In 2013, we were entered into the Renowned European Registry and received the Euro Renoma certificate. We also won the national "Medical Centre of the Year 2013" competition. This award recognized us as an innovative facility that provides comprehensive services with an experienced and active medical staff, where the priority is the efficacy and safety of the applied methods, and the dynamics of development satisfy patients' expectations.
Both the patients and the media recognize our efforts. The publications for which our specialists were interviewed or in which there were articles about us include: the monthly "Nasze zdrowie", and the newspapers "Polkowice Nasze Miasto" and "Lubin Nasze Miasto". We also participate in campaigns aimed at raising awareness of the need for prevention, healthy lifestyle, and regular examinations. In 2012, CDT Medicus began the educational campaign "Get Tested Now" in which anyone who did an online test received an invitation for a free consultation with a specialist.
Our doctors often appear as experts in the media and are invited to television programs, such as: "Rozmowa dnia" on TV Polkowice, and stations such as TVL ODRA, Telewizja Regionalna Lubin and TVP Wroclaw.